In this video, Fred Harmon does a head-to-head comparison of the Cardo Packtalk Bold Bluetooth Communication System and the Sena 50S Bluetooth Communication System. He spends time going through all the similarities and differences of the 2 systems, so that you can decide for yourself which unit is the best to suit your needs. This is the latest video in our series, Wingin' It with Fred Harmon. Hope you find it informative!
Fred Harmon is one of the utmost authorities when it comes to the Honda Gold Wing. Riders all over the world look to him for his wealth of knowledge and he has become one of the most respected voices in the Gold Wing community. He is a great resource for anyone interested in DIY maintenance on their Wing.
BUY FRED'S MAINTENANCE VIDEOS BELOW:
FRED HARMON'S MAINTENANCE VIDEOS FOR 2018+ HONDA GOLD WING
FRED HARMON'S MAINTENANCE DVD SET FOR 2001-2017
Check out the Cardo Packtalk Bold and Sena 50S Unboxing Set-Up & Review Videos Below:
2018 gold wing 2019 gold wing 2020 gold wing 50S Android Android Auto bluetooth Bluetooth Audio Cardo DIY do-it-yourself Fred Harmon Gold Wing Gold Wing Audio Gold Wing Headsets headset helmet headset Honda honda gold wing JBL mesh wireless Packtalk Bold Sena Sena 50 Series Sena 50S Wingin' It with Fred Harmon WingStuff
CARDO it's waterproof
Without a doubt, waterproof is the deciding factor. I can't afford to buy a new unit if it gets wet. Sena doesn't cover a water damaged unit so you are then "SOL". It's CARDO all the way.
Reviews Sean 50s to Cardio pack talk bold
I wish you would of talk more in the comparisons on the following. The boom mics. Picking up voice etc. Driver to passenger clarity, feed back. The set I have now is crappy when we talk driver to passenger. Lots of feed back echoing. We have to be 30 feet away from one another to stop the feed back. Phone functionality comparison. I use my head set mainly for music, passenger intercom, phone. Can you point out pro cons on each system for that. I have a2015 wing
Agree with Cardo AppleCar Play comment
Agree with Fred with regards to connecting the Cardo to the bike. 75% of the time it works perfect. The other 25%, not so much and you have to do the repairing dance. And don't walk away as you have to start all over. Wish I saw this video and understood the implications before I bought my Cardo. Love it when it works, but frustrated when it does not. Should be seamless.
Cardo PACKTALK BOLD
I wonder if anyone has had much CB experience with the Sena 50? My Packtalk has a one second delay on the recieving end, and my passenger does not here my side of the conversation. Just curious what others may have experienced.
Helped me understand Cardo
I currently have a Sena SMH10 and looking to upgrade but did not know about the Cardo unit. This helped me understand Cardo's strengths and weaknesses. I think I'm going with the Sena 50S but this did help me with that decision.
Help me to decide!!!
I am looking to go Bluetooth on my 2012 1800 Honda Goldwing. This really help me to decide. I think that I'm going to go with the Cardo unit, but I'm going to wait about a few months, before I purchase. I want to wait and see if any changes will be made to the Cardo unit. Thank you very much for helping me in making my decision.
Love to have Bluetooth
I have decided to go with Bluetooth on my 2012 1800 Goldwing. I watch the video of the comparison of the Cardo Pack Talk Bold between the Sena 50s. I really do like the Cardo Pack Talk Bold better. I would like to know will there any updates to the Cardo Pack Talk Bold anytime soon, before I purchased them.
CARDO PACKTALK BOLD WITH JBL SPEAKERS FOR ME.
CARDO PACKTALK BOLD WITH JBL SPEAKERS FOR ME. Links great to my 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
Bought the Cardo
Ended up buying the Cardo PackTalk Bold because most of my riding groups already have the Cardo and wanted to use the Mesh technology since so much better than Bluetooth. Tried the Mesh for the first time last weekend and liked it... easy to link riders and much more clearer and stronger communications. Still need to learn the many features and how to use but so far, so good.
I recently purchased and installed the Bold on a Shoei Neotech 2 and a Sedici Modular helmets. The installation was really simple with the help of a few YouTube Videos. The units were easy to pair and the sound quality is decent. While riding a high speeds on the highway I can hear my wife really well and she enjoys yacking( 😉) to me while riding. The Cardio App makes using the products really easy and fun.. Overall good product. I would recommend to a friend