When connecting trailer lighting to a motorcycle using an isolator is required to prevent error codes at the gauges as well as damage to your factory motorcycle electronics and wiring. Also many times it is necessary to convert the motorcycles 4 or 5 wire tail light system to the opposite on the trailer being towed.
RIVCO designed the TWC003 combination isolator and convertor to be plug-n-play with RIVCO sub-harnesses. It features a selector button with corresponding colored LEDs to change the input and output functions. The TWC003 has a 36” wire loom and a “5 flat” trailer plug which also mates with all “4 flat” connectors molded to the wires.
Installing the TWC003 is easy when you follow the included wiring diagrams and instructions. The small 3” x 1” x 1” size of the TWC003 isolator make it easy to mount in an out-of-sight location like under the seat. The TWC003 is a universal isolator; meaning it works on most motorcycles. See what you need for your bike at the application chart below or call us and we can get you the correct parts.
RED LED = Converts a 4 wire from the motorcycle to a 5 wire out to the trailer
GREEN LED = Straight thru i.e. 4 wire from the motorcycle = 4 wire out to trailer or 5 wire from the motorcycle = 5 wire out to the trailer.
YELLOW LED = Converts a 5 wire from the motorcycle to a 4 wire out to trailer
- Combination Isolator and 4 to 5 or 5 to 4 wire convertor
- Works on most late model motorcycles (see fitment chart)
- Protects Can Bus and other sensitive electronics
- Eliminates error/failure codes lights
- Push button selectable with LED function indicator
- Plug and play connectors, no splicing
- Clean and compact flat 5 or 4 wire trailer plug molded to wire ends
- 10 amp fused protection for all tail light circuits
NOTE : This Isolator WILL NOT work on 2018 and newer Honda Gold Wing and some other newer models with CANBUS wiring.