- Your Price
- Item #:
Performance Series Louvered Stainless Steel 2-piece Belly Pan sets the standard in style and protection for the Honda GL1800 Gold Wing. Polished stainless steel design offers far more impact resistance than aluminum pans and front section easily detaches with aircraft quality dzus fasteners.
Protects fragile exposed engine case and plastic coolant tank underneath from harmful road debris. Vented louvers provide more air flow to your powerful engine, while adding an impressive look underneath your bike.
Offers a much higher level of protection compared to aluminum pans on the market today. Heavy Duty Oversized Aircraft Fasteners securely attach front section, allowing for easy removal when changing your oil.
Note: Stainless Steel Belly Pans have Sharp Edges, PLEASE use protective gloves when installing.
These are shipped with a white protective film to ensure it arrives to you in good condition. Please remove the film before installing. Thank you.
It took me about 15 min. to install with common hand tools, looks good. This is a must for all Goldwing's, I had a piece of wire penetrate my coolant overflow tank, the tank sits on the bottom of the bike and if I would of installed one of these prior, it would not have happened. So, after I had the tank replaced I installed the belly pan, it won't happen again!
I ordered this product for my 2009 Honda Goldwing GL1800.
1. Make sure you take off the white plastic coverings on both sides before installing.
2. Before installing I took mine to a local company and had them powder coat it to match the grey cowling color for a cost of $80 US. So glad I did as it comes back with smoother edges and should add many more years of wear to it.
3. Installing it took me approx. 90 minutes. Install the kickstand side first, taking out the side bolts with a 10 mm socket wrench. It may take some effort to get the pan hole over the bolt and inside the cowelling. Put nuts in place and lightly tighten.
4. Then do the same on the right side. With a little persistence it will go into place. Then tighten all four bolts.
5. Put on the front portion last. You'll have to bend it in shape to get a better fit. Then 1/4 tighten lug nuts.
Tip: I used a piece of chrome car door plastic edging along both the front edge of the front piece to reduce rattling and along the back edge of the back piece for a smoother look.
A great product. Like everyone else says it should have been installed at the factory.
Thanks Wingstuff for making it available. Should be purchased by all Goldwing owners.
Wish I could add a picture of this product after 52,000 miles of riding. First thing you need to know is that this is very strong stuff. Takes a lot to dent or bend it. It comes in two pieces and the front removable cover is the part that takes the beating. My cover was smashed hard right where the oil filter is placed. The two air vent were smashed in and I believe this would have caused a problem for my oil filter. I also got to close to a cement curb and scraped up the shield along the front side. Its still in place and solid as a rock. I would never be with out it because stuff happens.
And we can't wait to show you how it's done!
Come visit our Southern California retail center!