- Your Price
- Item #:
Kuryakyn Removable Trunk Lid Organizer with Hide-Away Mirror for Honda Gold Wing GL1800 keeps important items at your fingertips. Variety of padded & see-through mesh compartments offer protection & easy accessibility for frequently used items as well as a Small Built In Hide-Away Mirror.
Who says you can’t take it with you? Quick disconnect fasteners & handles make it easily portable and remove in seconds. Kit includes Lid Organizer Bag & 1/4 Turn Mounting Connectors. Measures 12” Tall x 22” Wide
As usual with Kuryakyn, I REALLY like their quality of engineering and workmanship.
1. Following the instructions to mount it works.
2. The material is very slightly stretchable and also has a bit of memory from being folded up in its package, so it took a minor amount of stretching to get the last lower corner mounted. With the slight stretch, the surface is flat and the bags stable and readily accessible.
3. With a convenient 1/4-turn twist of each anchor wing, the entire kit comes off, folds up, secures with the permanently-attached velcro straps (see 2nd photo) and is carryable with permanently-attached handles, both of which tuck neatly out of sight when the organizer is mounted.
4. With the organizer removed, the mounting anchor wings LOOK like they belong there: they're very professional looking and look like they will last a lifetime.
5. The mirror (not shown in pictures) APPEARS to be a polished (or chromed) rectangular piece of steel (it feels heavier than aluminum for the thickness), permanently mounted in a leather (vinyl?) pouch behind a sheet of translucent plastic. So the image is (unfortunately) blurry. It is permanently attached to 2 webbing straps and neatly tucked in the pocket just under the "Kuryakyn" label. But it is certainly good enough to see if your hair is combed, which is all I ever used my last trunk mirror for (on a 1985 Anniversary Limited-Edition GL1200), so it will work for my needs. (Don't expect for it to be good enough for a someone to apply eye makeup or anything that requires a clear view.) Of course, one COULD get a real glass mirror made, but mounting it in a way that would protect it from stress would be a bit tricky, and so perhaps the chromed-steel version is a tad safer.
I needed a briefcase for the road. Does this work? Yes. holds a good knife, flags, cards,pens, and small stuff that would normally rattle around in the back.
CONS: There is a plastic grommet around the bag. This is to keep it from tearing. EVERY SINGLE ONE broke apart while installing. I was able to snap them back, but 1 star removed for cheap parts.
The rest of the materials seem fine. I don't see any obstruction issues, but then I also don't set my helmets in flat. I lay them on their sides, or use a skid lid.
Installs in 5 minutes. Very easy. I chucked the mirror tho, the pocket it comes in leaves it hard to get out, Besides I can use the bike mirrors if I need one that bad. This looks very handy. I was right away able to neatly stow some pens and such that were in the bottom of the trunk. Good use of otherwise dead space.
Good product. My wife and I do long touring rides without the use of a trailer. I was able to install this take advantage of the pockets/storage the product itself offers. But, the biggest advantage for us was i was able to fold up my half cover and a pair of gloves behind the actual unit. Utilizing the dead space. This freed up other space for us in the side bags. I have no issue at all with this product id buy it again
I installed this on my 2012 GL1800 to have a place for my GWRRA card, gas cards and gift cards. It has plenty of small pockets for my maintenace booklet, small mouth wash bottle, pens, eyeglasses. All of the things you'll need whenever you're on the bike in one neat, organized place. Be careful not to stuff it too full because it will take up valuable trunk space from helmet storage. It comes with all the hardware necessary to mount it. Simply replace existing screws with included hardware screws.
And we can't wait to show you how it's done!
Save on shipping! Will Call is available at our Southern California headquarters.